The United States hold a large amount of historical data that can take days to try and list just a fraction of it. From innovation to medicine, the US has contributed to every walk of life throughout the world in being a leading innovator that has helped humanity tackle many of it’s day to day tasks. Connecticut, being one of the earliest states incorporated in the US, holds a clear rank in being at the forefront of innovation and of historical importance. We bring some of the most interesting facts about the State Of Connecticut. Many of the areas mentioned below can be visited using our car services in which a complete itinerary can be handled by our support staff.
What Is So Important About Connecticut?
- In 1656, The first public library had opened it’s doors in New Haven
- Yale awarded the first medical diploma in 1729
- The Webster dictionary, first published in 1783, was created by Noah Webster of Hartford, Connecticut
- 1806: First factory town in America was established in Seymour, CT
- The first insurance company in America was ITT Hartford Group – Founded in 1810
- In 1836, the first revolver gun was introduced in Connecticut
- 1853: First Ice Machine! – In Connecticut also
- The first can opener was created in 1858
- Thank Connecticut for the first pay phone introduced in 1877
- The first Telephone Exchange or what’s known as a PBX was established in Bridgeport in 1877
- In 1908, the first lollipop was made in Connecticut
- You can thank Connecticut for your instant photos by Polaroid, created in Connecticut back in 1934
- The first color television was manufactured in Connecticut in 1948
- In 1954, the first nuclear submarine was launched from New London, Connecticut
- The first artificial heart, was created by Dr. Robert Jarvik of Stamford, CT in 1982 leading the way to artificial heart implants and much more.
What else to know about Connecticut
The above list is just a brief selection of what we picked out that we thought could be of interest. We did not mention however, that the first measuring tape or sewing machine were also invented in Connecticut. For more information about this historical state or to arrange a tour in many of its historic towns, wineries, colleges and universities, please don’t hesitate to contact WoW Limousines for more information or by calling us @ 203-909-6310.